Introduction to RNA-Seq: From quality control to pathway analysis
General learning outcomes
After this course, you will be able to:
- Describe advantages and pitfalls of RNA sequencing.
- Design your own experiment.
- Perform the downstream analysis using command line software (QC, mapping, counting, differential expression analysis, pathway analysis, etc).
- Critically assess the quality of your results at each step of the downstream analysis.
- Detect significantly differentially-expressed genes between conditions.
To reach the learning outcomes, we will use lectures and exercises. During lectures, do not hesitate to ask any questions as we progress through the slides. During exercises, you are free to discuss with other participants.
Exercises are provided with solutions. How you use them to your advantage is up to you.